Thursday, June 05, 2008

NBA Finals

It's Lakers vs Celtics! What a great historic matchup, conjures memories of Magic vs Bird, Russell vs Chamberlain, West vs Havlicek.

Sorry, but I just can't get into this one. Sure, Boston is the center of everything that is foul and wrong with the universe and I guess I'd like to see the Lakers win, but even I can't look at a matchup of Garnett vs Bryant and conclude that Kobe is the good guy.

But it's more than that. Just seems too scripted. How exactly did the Celtics get Kevin Garnett again? And the Lakers traded who for Pau Gasol? We know at least one NBA ref was fixing games. Kevin McHale is certainly unethical (we know this from the Joe Smith fiasco), it would not surprise me if his whole GM tenure was a Red Auerbach plant, waiting for the perfect time to gift the Celtics his superstar. I wouldn't put it past the NBA to fix some transactions to create winners where the money is. They just don't collectively cash in the same way in another Detroit-San Antonio defense-fest.

1 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Celtics rock! All is right in the universe again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home