The Most Valuable Position Players in Baseball
Based on 2008 projections, and a rate of 5.25 million dollars per win above replacement level.
13. Hanley Ramirez, 22.6 million He'd rank higher if his defense was better, though he did show improvement from 2006-07.
12. Lance Berkman, 22.8
11. David Ortiz, 23.4
10. Mark Teixiera, 23.7 We NEED to resign him, unless something like trading for Carlos Beltran is any kind of possibility.
9. Miguel Cabrera, 26.1 A better fit at 1B, where his defense doesn't hurt you.
8. Carlos Beltran, 26.1
7. Chipper Jones, 26.5, still going strong after all those years. Defense at third as good as ever, only knock is lack of durability.
6. Joe Mauer, 28.6 - Great hitter and great defensive catcher, if he added power he might be the best player in baseball.
5. Chase Utley, 30.4 World F**kin Champions!
4. David Wright, 32.2 No weaknesses in his game
3. Alex Rodriguez, 33.0 The others are worth this kind of cash, A-Rod actually makes it.
2. Grady Sizemore, 33.8 Power, speed, walks, and gold glove defense
1. Albert Pujols, 41.0 - He's just on another level.