Sunday, May 06, 2007

Will Joe and Jon ever shut up?

I'm watching the ESPN Sunday night game. Joe Morgan and Jon Miller are having a conversation about whether or not Hank Aaron should attend the game when Bonds breaks his record. Strangely enough, in the background people are throwing baseballs, swinging bats, and running around the bases. You'd never know it from listening to these two, plus Peter Gammons when he joins in.

Its Tim Lincecum's first major league start, and I've been anticipating this. In AAA he allowed only 1 run in 31 innings, with 12 hits and 46 strikeouts. I haven't seen anyone dominate AAA like this since Cole Hamels 2006. Guess who Lincecum is facing?

When he's batting, the announcers (done with the Hank question for now) tell is that Tim didn't bat in high school or college. Its hard to imagine facing MLB or really any professional pitching with so little experience. You'd think he'd be an automatic strikeout 90% of the time or something. Somehow though, Tim was 2 for 6 in AAA, with only one strikeout. Perhaps Brandon Wood should seek batting tips from him.

I'm not seeing quite the stuff that was advertised. I've read a lot about Lincecum topping out at 98 or 99. Well, not tonight. He's throwing 91-94, and I haven't seen anything 95 or over.

4 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linecum was SO nervous - with that body language I am shocked he only gave up 5.

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wrong on the velocity - he threw 96-98 in the first two innings, which I missed.

His velocity was down substantially by the third inning, so his stamina is questionable. Maybe its just nerves. His next start will be in Colorado, so I don't expect much. I'll reserve judgement until he makes his third start.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger anna said...

I don’t know why but I just Love Those Things, how do you think about it? air force one shoes, you can just simple choose this option and pick what you want.You should try to experice it.five finger shoes,These are nice for you...

 
At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Fanning said...

I don’t know why but I just Love Those Things, how do you think about it? air force one shoes , you can just simple choose this option and pick what you want.You should try to experice it. five finger shoes ,These are nice for you...  

 

Post a Comment

<< Home